Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Next Big Thing: Emma Paul


Emma Paul has captured our hearts and libidos with her stellar books Soulmate's Touch and Kaden's Breeder, then shattered our expectations with Prisoner of DarkHaven.  Now she's giving us even more to look forward to. 


1)    What is the working title of your current/next Sizzler Editions book?
Currently I am working on several projects, which I’m hoping will make into Sizzler.  Corbin’s Captive is my most recent work that is currently on my Editor’s desk. This is the sequel to Kaden’s Breeder and the second book in my Galactic Breeders series. I’ve also plotted a second book and sequel to Soulmate’s Touch, for my Gargoyle Soulmates series.

2)    Where did you get the idea for that book?
The idea for Corbin’s Captive, came to me after I finished Kaden’s Breeder. Corbin needed to have his story told. After being betrayed by his Breeder, he really needed a break.  Also, I based Corbin someone who I knew personally. It was a very emotional book for me to write. I used a lot of past experience into this book. I think that’s why it took me longer than I had anticipated to finish.

3)    What's the genre of the book?
Science fiction erotic romance. 

4)    How would you describe your book in one sentence (25words or less)?
25 words or less?  Corbin’s Captive will capture your heart and your imagination, and make you believe in the power of love.

5)    If you could pick actors to play the lead characters in your story, who would you pick?
Well I picture Selma Hayek as Yani, Micheal Greyeyes as Corbin, and Gor I would pick Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

6)    Now this movie needs a soundtrack – what songs/tracks best fit your book?
Given the content of the book…
-Ironman by Black Sabath
-Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne
-Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses
-Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
-Nothing but love by Mr. Big

7)    How long did it take you to write the first draft of this book?
Actually the first draft didn’t take all that long. I like to plot out all the chapters before actually pulling the story together. So I had this story plotted out around the same time Kaden’s Breeder came out.  I had already known that Corbin’s Captive would be the next book. It only took me a couple of days to put the whole story together. I completed the first draft rather quickly, for me anyway, in couple of weeks. The revisions, additions and characterization takes much longer for me.

8)    What other books within your genre are similar to yours?
I honestly haven’t really given that much thought.  There are so many alien abduction/Human women needed for procreation, books out there.  I would like to think that while my formula may be similar to those books, my stories and plots are pretty original.

9)    Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Years ago when I was in my late teens, I had a close friend who struggled with addiction. Much of Corbin’s struggles are based on the experiences of my friend. Unfortunately there was not a happy ending in his story.

10) What about your book will pique the reader's interest?
      Hopefully, the reader will live vicariously through the experiences of the characters. I think this book is unique because it is not only a Fantastic Science Fiction story that takes place in an alternate Universe with non-human characters, but it deals with a very human issues, child abuse, drug addiction and physiological depression. Also, the love story in this is both intense and emotionally driven.


No comments:

Post a Comment