Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Guest Post By Amber Rose Thompson


I am not always the quickest of people. When it comes to being sarcastic I can make a machine gun jealous (I believe sarcasm is a lost art form in need of resurgence). That being said, introspection takes a mallet over my head at times. Turns out I'm denser than I thought. Could be why I've never broken my skull despite numerous accidents (but that's another blog post). So, despite having six books out, one on its way, another in editing, and a third in the writing process, I only now realized the one thread that ties them all together- power. The word power in the last sentence probably should be bold face, italicized, in 78 point font, and colored purple or red.

Power. I happen to have multiple memberships in the LGBT spectrum, but even if I didn't, I don't think it would matter. I don't care if you are LGBT, vampire, werewolf, human, god, ghost, etc., your identity is yours, but power is shared. Like sex, we all think about it. Whether you always want sex, feel sex is an occasional fun time, or never want to see another person's genitals, you have thought of sex and will continue to do so in one way or another. Power shares that central focus in our lives. It is impossible to be a social animal, as we humans are, and not consider power. What rung on the hierarchial ladder am I? Am I huddled with the masses towards the bottom or getting lightheaded from limited oxygen at the top?

Our political and work lives revolve around power, and so do our most intimate of social lives, the ones we let only chosen people into. Power. Do you bow down and whisper on someone's boots or do you watch the chandelier flicker against the end of your whip as you crack the air? Power. It defines who we are in relation to others. And in relating to others, we let our erotic side out for play.

Power play, power games, are all about the choreographed dance between two or more people moving around each other as their lives become entwined. Power can shift, mutate, transform, but power is always there and where there is power there is heat, strong heat that burns under the skin waiting to explode. That is what interests, intrigues, and possesses me the most when I write BDSM erotic tales. How far can the power take us in finding our deepest fears and hopes? Join me in the journey of exploration. 

About Amber Rose Thompson
I write under the pen name Amber Rose Thompson. Why don’t I use my legal name? Well, I don’t want to be fired from my day job, now do I? By day, I am a public librarian working in the metropolis of New York City. I write the kinds of books that will never be offered at my library or even considered. And that is why I use a fictitious name. It is a bit sad to promote reading by day and hide my own writing while doing so. Before work, on lunch, break, and after work I write hot, erotic tales that I hope will make readers squirm and fan themselves. My one major hurdle in writing is my kitten who believes laps are for sleeping, not laptops. With this hindrance, I often write one-handed, and not for the reason your dirty mind is thinking. I hold the laptop with one hand and type with the other so my little bundle of fur can purr in her sleep. My muse for writing is my lovely and amazing partner who I’ve been married to for sixteen wonderful years. We all must get our inspiration from somewhere after all. My marriage is an interesting one, while we have been married for awhile, we actually have two marriage certificates. You see part way through our marriage we both transitioned to the opposite gender. I told you my marriage was different. I am a trans man writing under a female name, talk about gender bending and mental games.
Books
Some Reviews
"Amber Rose Thompson is an excellent writer." - Laura Antoniou, author, The Marketplace Series
Scheherezade’s Gift: Beth’s Wild and Crazy Book Reviews- “Wow talk about a hot sexy book…who knew going to the bookstore so often would get you a magical book that gets you laid by the man of your dreams.” 
Tied To Passion: Sizzling Hot Books Reviews- “Tied to Passion is not for the faint of hearted...I would recommend Tied to Passion to those who enjoy erotic romances...” 
Tied To passion: BDSM Book Reviews- “ Based on sex scene alone, I would have rated this book a 4 paddle because it made me want to jump my husband after reading it....I recommend this book for BDSM light readers who like to read about a bringing an innocent to the dark side.”

No comments:

Post a Comment