Friday, July 22, 2011

Sizzler Editions Interviews M/M Author Kiernan Kelly

We spoke with successful Gay Male Romance author Kiernan Kelly about her brand of erotic romance recently.

Why do you write the type of book you are best known for? Well, if you listen to Sascha Illyvich, it’s because I have penis envy. LOL Truthfully, there are several reasons why I write erotic gay romance. First and foremost, I find the dynamics of a gay relationship to be intriguing. I love the way men think and react, and exploring their emotional depths is a never-ending fascination for me. Oh, yeah, and I wholeheartedly and unabashedly consider men hot.

Where do you get your ideas? Everywhere. The headlines, the grocery store, the pizza parlor...everywhere I look, there’s another idea jumping out at me. Sometimes I need to beat them off. Well, not “beat them off” literally...I tend to leave that to the characters in my books.

How and when do you write? All the freaking time. I start when I get up, and usually only stop for food and potty breaks as necessary. In other words, yeah...I have no life.

What do you like most about being an author? Telling the story and improving my craft. Knowing that I’m just a little bit better, my writing is a little bit tighter with every story I tell gives me a terrific sense of accomplishment.


What is your advice to beginning writers. You can’t please everybody. Grow a thick skin – you’ll need it when the reviews start coming in and you come to realize that your writing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Is there anything you would like to say to your fans? Thank you, thank you, thank you! Let’s face it – there are literally thousands of books you could have chosen to spend your hard-earned money on. That you chose mine, and continue to choose mine, means the world to me.

What can your readers look forward to from you in the future? Probably more of the same. LOL I’m currently working on a pirate novel in all its swashbuckling, poet-shirt-and-tight-breeches-wearing glory. I’ve also started another serial killer novel, and a story with a character named “Bubba” who runs an all night diner and bait shop. I have no idea where that story’s going, but it’ll be fun getting there.


Buy Kiernan Kelly's books at Sizzler Editions

Find Kiernan Kelly Online. Don't forget that she'll be making an appearance at DragonCON 2011 as a panelist along with Sascha Illyvich et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment