How to Sell Erotica is a live recording of a panel discussion featuring five respected and best selling erotic authors, editors, and professionals presented at San Francisco's Center for Sex and Culture under the auspices of Sizzler Editions. It is presented free to anyone interested in learning the ins and outs of writing and selling erotic fiction at SizzlerEditions.com.
If you're interested in writing erotica for fun or, yes, even money, this is a wonderful opportunity to learn all there is to learn about creating sexually explicit stories, dealing with editors and publishers, how to bring sex and sensuality to life in your work, plus all kinds of tips and tricks, and much, much more!
The panelists at this entertaining and informative event were:
- Donna George Storey, a writing and book promotion columnist.
- Blake C. Aarens, who writes award-winning erotic fiction.
- M. Christian, writer and anthologist who has sold over 300 short stories, five novels and edited over two dozen anthologies.
- Gina de Vries, whose fiction, journalism, memoir, and smut have appeared in dozens of anthologies.
- Jean Marie Stine, author, former magazine editor, and publisher of the erotic ebook pioneer Sizzler Editions.
Topics discussed by these respected erotic professionals include:
- How did you sell the first story you got paid for?
- What elements make an erotic story sell?
- What are the easiest markets to break into?
- How do you dream up sexy story ideas and sexy scenes?
- What's the right amount of sex in a sexy story?
- Is it possible to write convincing stories for sexual orientations and interests beyond your own? If not, why not? And if so, how do you do it?
- What Internet resources for writers of erotica would you recommend?
- Any thoughts on how to get along well with editors and publishers? Do's? Don't's?
- Have you ever experienced negative reviews or criticism from fans? If so, how do you deal with it?
- Have you ever sold the same story more than once? If so, what is the most times you have ever sold one story?